Saturday, November 13, 2010

Yosemite Sketchbook II

Today's blog post features another sketch made during my trip to Yosemite National Park. This drawing was completed after hiking the Mist Trail from the valley floor to Vernal Fall and then to Nevada Fall. At the crest of Nevada Fall I rested for about a half hour and drew majestic Liberty Cap towering over the falls. While I was drawing, an overly friendly squirrel decided he wanted part of my lunch, and I had to fend him off and eat quickly. It made for a memorable meal.

My current solo exhibit at the Lee Hansley Gallery closed today. Although none of the pieces sold during the show's run, I feel it was still a success and I'm grateful to Lee Hansley for the opportunity. I delivered two new pieces to the gallery today that will be included in the "100 Under 1,000" holiday exhibition.

"Liberty Cap and Nevada Fall, Yosemite National Park." Pen on paper, 8.5 x 5.5 inches. Completed October 2010.

No comments: