Saturday, November 20, 2010

Houses Facing the Sun

This week's post features another new work from my recent solo show at the Lee Hansley Gallery. In this painting I tried to capture the strong light as it bathed the facades of two Victorian-style houses sloped along a street. The composition is based on a neighborhood I photographed in Cumberland, Maryland a few years ago. I eliminated some of the architecture surrounding these two houses to give them a sense of solitude.

This Sunday (November 21) is the opening for a new group show I am featured in at the Lee Hansley Gallery. "100 Under 1000" will run through December 31 and includes 2- and 3-dimensional art that is priced below $1,000.

"Houses Facing the Sun." Oil on stretched canvas, 24 x 36 inches. Completed May 2010.

No comments: