Saturday, November 27, 2010

From the Archives: Deschler Avenue Mansions

I've been busy working on two projects in the studio this past week. First, I completed the painting that I will use as this year's Christmas card to family and friends. Once the card is mailed, I'll post the painting on the blog. Second, I've been working on a new commission that is essentially finished and will be delivered soon to the patron. Both of these have been welcome changes to the normal routine.

This week's featured work is an older painting (created almost five years ago) that I did as an afternoon study for a still-planned larger canvas. It is based on my favorite neighborhood in Columbus, Ohio, German Village. The focal point of that neighborhood is Schiller Park. Surrounding the park are spectacular turn-of-the-20th century brick mansions of various styles and sizes. I captured one vantage point of these homes from the park itself. Some day I'll do the full-scale interpretation of these houses.

"Deschler Avenue Mansions (Study)". Oil on stretched canvas, 12 x 16 inches. Completed February 2006.

No comments: