Saturday, June 19, 2010

Victorians at Sunrise

I received some wonderful news this week: the City of Raleigh Arts Commission, which hosted my recent exhibition "Home/journeys," has purchased one of my paintings for the city's permanent collection. The commissioners selected "Victorians at Sunrise" (seen above) for their collection. Needless to say I was very excited about this development.

"Victorians at Sunrise" has been featured in three of my exhibitions (Burke Arts Council in May 2009, Preservation Society of Chapel Hill in December 2009, and the Miriam Preston Block Gallery in May 2010) so it is satisfying to see it go to a good "home." I am especially grateful to the City of Raleigh Arts Commission for their support and encouragement.

"Victorians at Sunrise." Oil on stretched canvas, 24 x 36 inches. Completed in July 2008.

No comments: