Saturday, March 13, 2010

Block Gallery Exhibit Update

It's less than four weeks until the opening of my next exhibition, "home/journeys," at the Miriam Preston Block Gallery in Downtown Raleigh. The exhibit will feature paintings by Kathy Brancato and myself, plus mixed-media works in cases by Mikel Robinson. I will be submitting 16 canvases, many of which will be on exhibit for the first time. During the past two weeks I have been prepping and framing the works, and I'm feeling very confident of where I stand this far out.

On Friday, March 5 the Raleigh Television Network sent a crew to my home to interview me in my studio in advance of the show. A 30-minute spot highlighting the three artists featured in "home/journeys" will broadcast several times on the RTN cable channel here in Raleigh during the exhibit's run (April 8 to May 24).

The Miriam Preston Block Gallery is located inside the Raleigh Municipal Building, 222 West Hargett Street, Raleigh NC 27601. The opening reception is scheduled for Thursday, April 8 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. The gallery is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.

No comments: