Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New exhibit opportunity and "Hang It Up!" artist talk


This has been a busy week in the studio. I began a large (30 x 40 inch) canvas last week that is a mixture of reality and imagination. While I'll save further discussion for later, it has started off well.

In addition, I have a new solo exhibit opportunity coming up. Judy Murray, owner of Baja Burrito (a Mexican restaurant in Raleigh), saw my two paintings in the "Hang It Up!" exhibit at the Gregg Museum of Art and Design and offered me a solo show. My work will be on display at Baja Burrito from January 2 - February 12, 2010.

Speaking of "Hang It Up!", today I participated in an artist talk as part of that exhibition. I was invited to join seven other artists featured in the show in a gallery tour. Each of us was given about 10 minutes to discuss our work with the tour group. About 25 folks showed up for the talk, and I really enjoyed the experience. "Hang It Up!" will continue through December 19.

No comments: